EWS is a scheme of the Government of India for the Indian people. People can get many benefits through this scheme. The full form of EWS is an Economically weaker section.
Do you know what is EWS?
What is (EWS) Economically weaker section?
The EWS is a category which falls under General category, but it is separated from SC, ST, and OBC category. This is a sub-category of the General category.
Those people come under this category who have an annual family income less than INR 8 Lakhs, which prescribed by the Government of India, and do not belong to any category such as SC/ST/OBC.
Eligibility for EWS :
- The candidate has an annual family income of less than INR 8 Lakhs.
- His/Her family should not have owned more than 5 acres of agricultural land.
- The residential house area should be less than 1000 sq ft.
- The residential plot’s area should be less than 100 square yards if it is in notified municipality sector.
- Residential plots are should be less than 200 square yards if it is in non-notified municipality sector.
This eligibility criterion is given by the central government of India. State governments can set income cut-off according to their own states.
If you fulfill these requirements then you become eligible for EWS certificate and comes under EWS category.
EWS Certificate Eligibility :
If you meet all these above eligibility criteria then you can apply for EWS certificate.
What you need to apply EWS certificate?
You need first these Documents to apply EWS certificate
Income and Asset Certificate
DG (Disadvantage group) certificate
If you have any one of these then you can apply for EWS certificate.
For EWS certificate, You can apply through online or offline mode.
The application process is completely dependent on the state government. If you want to apply online, You have to visit the official website of that state in which you reside.
For example : If you live in Delhi, You have to visit – https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/
If you want to apply through offline mode, You have to go to nearby certificate issuing authorities (SDM office). Collect the application form and fill it correctly and attach all required documents. After this submit the form.
Documents required for EWS Certificate :
These documents are required to apply EWS certificate, if you do not have any one of these documents you may not be able to apply.
- Passport Size photographs
- Aadhaar card (father/mother/child)
- Birth certificate (child)
- Income Certificate (father/mother)
- Domicile certificate (father/mother) / Ration Card
- Other caste certificates
EWS certificate Validity :
The validity of the EWS certificate is defined by the issuing authority. Each certificate has different validity. Usually, the EWS certificate has 1-year Validity.
EWS Certificate benefits :
EWS certificate can be used to avail 10% reservation for the Economically Weaker Section in higher education all over India and government jobs.
Through the EWS certificate, your children can get admission to a private school and study without any fee. You can get relaxation in terms of cut-off marks in government jobs.
Two schemes are also designed for EWS candidates are the Post-Matric Scholarship & Interest Subsidy on Educational Loans for Overseas Studies.
These are the all details about EWS and you can get EWS certificate through following these process.
If you live in Delhi, You can get benefit of EWS School admissions.
Delhi Nursery Admissions 2021 | Economically weaker section (EWS)
As we all know the Government of Delhi has already started the Education Program. In which EWS/DG group can apply for admission in Private or Big reputed schools in Delhi.
Through this program, Delhi Government will pay the fee of a child who belongs to the EWS category or DG group. Children’s parents don’t need to pay fees. But Parents have to manage other expenses of school apart from school fees.
There are 1700 private schools in Delhi and EWS beneficiaries can apply for admission to one of these schools. These schools have approximately 1.25 lakh seats for Nursery admissions.
From 18th February 2021, All private schools have started the admissions for class Nursery, KG, and class 1st. The deadline for filing the application form for admission is 4th March 2021.
There are 25% of seats are reserved for EWS category students. Due to COVID-19, the process of the application form will be online. Parents can apply for admission through the official website of a particular school.
Documents required for Admission EWS :
These documents you must have at the time of applying for admission. Resident proof, Income proof, Cast certificate, birth certificate, Aadhar card.
- Passport size photograph (child)
- Passport size photograph (mother/father/guardian)
- Family photograph (mother, father, and child)
- Aadhar card (child)
- Birth certificate (child)
- Address proof
|Application Date||18th February 2021|
|Last date of Application||4th March 2021|
|Applicant who can apply||EWS/DG category|
|Release date of 1st list||20th March 2021|
|Release date of 2nd list||25th March 2021|
Eligibility Criteria :
Who meet these eligibility criteria, only then can apply for the admission under this EWS scheme.
- Child Age should be for Nursery or Pre-School is 3 to 5 years, KG or Pre-Primary is 4 to 6 years and Class I is 5 to 7 years as of March 31, 2020.
- Family annual income should be less than INR 1 Lakh.
- A child should belong to the EWS or DG category.
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Delhi.
Selection procedure for the admission :
- All the applications will be assessed by the schools for the preparation of the rank list
- For the preparation of the merit list, certain factors will be considered like applicants’ home distance from school, single child, girl child, alumni parents, etc.
- For the Economic weaker section category, there will be a lucky draw system for the selection of students
- All the parents are required to follow the guidelines for admission
- All those candidates who are selected for admission are required to report to the school as per the directions.
I hope you like this post. If yes, Share this valuable information with your friends.